Roofing Job Description
We are looking to hire an efficient Roofing Mechanic to repair clients’ existing roofing systems and install new roofing systems where needed. The Roofer’s responsibilities include removing hazards from roofs, gutters, and adjacent structures, setting up barricades and warning lines, and performing all tasks necessary for roof maintenance.
To be successful as a Roofer, you should be able to maintain good working relationships with clients and other contractors. Ultimately, an outstanding Roofer will ensure that all safety standards and procedures are strictly adhered to at all times.
- Inspecting the structure of roofs in order to determine the best course of action.
- Measuring and cutting materials to ensure that they fit securely around vents, gutters, chimneys, and walls.
- Smoothing out rough spots on roofs to prepare the surface for new shingles or waterproofing.
- Replacing areas of clients’ roofs that are damaged or rotting.
- Installing and repairing gutters and siding that are broken or missing
- Safely setting up ladders, scaffolding and hoisting equipment as required.
- Updating the supervisor on job progress and reporting any problems related to the job.
- Safely transporting all required equipment and materials to job sites.
- 2 or more years of roofing experience
- Valid driver’s license preferred.
- Be at least 18 years of age.
- Knowledge and experience working with shingled, flat, metal, and slate roof
- Experience repairing and installing gutters, windows, and siding a plus
- Working knowledge of different roofing systems.
- Sound knowledge of business ordinances.
- The ability to lift heavy materials and tools.
- The ability to use powered hand tools.
- Excellent communication skills.
- Exceptional customer service skills.
- Must NOT be afraid of heights
We do offer 401k and supplemental insurance. Paid vacation accrues after a year. Competitive pay for more experienced employees.
Please apply at 2300 12th St Lynchburg or email: your application to email@example.com.